When starting a business in any industry, it can be highly competitive, let alone running and growing your business online can be overwhelming, to say the least. Not forgetting to mention searching for credible business and marketing experts or events aren't affordable or practical with the one-size fits all approach. It seems everyone's trying to sell you something, no-one's actually trying to help you and it's all just a nightmare.
As a Qualified Business and Marketing Practitioner, I've witnessed the division in the industry, unless you have contacts or thousands of pounds it's near enough impossible to start or grow your business. My moto in life is to treat others how you would want to be treated, there's no place for educational inequality in society. I believe qualified special business support should not only be available to the big brands and wealthy individuals but it should be accessible and affordable to all, no matter your background or financial situation.
"There's no place for educational inequality in society."
As a result, I left my city job in marketing working with global brands and today, I'm on a mission to mentor female-led businesses to start, grow, lead and succeed, whilst saving at least £10,000 in costs.
For every consultancy session or program sold, you help me support and fund businesses run by women in Malawi suffering from HIV trying to feed their families.
You may not have heard of me before and that's because I've been behind the scenes working hard in marketing and PR agencies making some of the world's biggest brands in the world look good over the last decade.
At the age of 16, I started up my first online business in fashion, whilst studying and working to fund it with next to no support. As a result, I understand how difficult it can be to start and develop your business for consistent income. Whilst running my business, I started my professional career as a Global Marketing Programmes and Communications Executive for a global corporate firm, my role was to manage the digital marketing programs across the entire company’s online presence covering a large geographical area including Europe, APAC and Americas.
Over the ten years my career has specialised in digital marketing, from delivering marketing training programs to corporates, supporting fashion labels with social media campaigns during London Fashion Week, speaking at Pure London to implementing bespoke marketing campaigns for companies such as, VW Group.
- Fully-Qualified Marketing Practitioner BA (Hons)
- Google, Facebook and Twitter Certifications
- Award-Winning Digital Marketing Specialist (We Are The City Sponsored by The Times & Barclays)
- Business Mentor at Cherie Blair Foundation (supporting female entrepreneurs in developing economies)
- Board Member & Business Advisor at Young Enterprise (UK's leading charity empowering young people to harness business skills)
- Over a decade of experience working with corporates, SMEs and marketing agencies leading marketing projects for Maserati, Oxfam, Volkswagen Group, London Fashion Week, University of Hertfordshire, Wilkinson Sword and advertorial featured in The Guardian. And guest speaker at Pure London in London Olympia (UK’s leading fashion trade show)
- Served startups and International Brands from over twelve countries e.g. UK, Europe, India, China, Indonesia and Australia
- Sold out events specialising in starting up and women in business
- Trained Corporate Directors, Global Brand Managers and Marketing Professionals
- In 2016, launched a Social Media Marketing Agency (specialising in startup online marketing), with an Academy at the heart, that trains young adults in deprived areas of the UK
"Sarah is an extraordinary business and marketing expert. She has this natural way of showing you how to start up and grow using social media, she makes even the hardest of marketing tasks easy by breaking it down, making it practical until you have clarity and confidence to do it yourself. And you're never alone, she's more than a expert, she's that loyal expert team member who's 100% behind your ethos and fuels the fire every so often when you really need it."
/ Wajeeha Amin, www.wajeehaamin.co.uk /
As a Qualified Marketing Practitioner and Social Media Expert, I've worked for and within private and public sector, from global corporates, SMEs, non-for-profit organisations to digital marketing and PR agencies.
Global Non-for-Profit Experience
Dec 2017 - Present
Board Member & Business Advisor,
Non-for-Profit Organisation Experience
Nov 2017 – Present
Head of Social Media Marketing,
Fashion Marketing & PR Agency Experience
Jan 2014 – Feb 2017
Digital Strategist & Social Media Specialist,
PR Agency Experience
Sep 2015 – Dec 2015
Senior Digital Marketing Manager,
Digital Marketing Agency Experience
Mar 2014 – Jun 2015
International Ecommerce Experience
Jan 2014 – May 2014
Market Research & Development Technician,
Mar 2013 – Feb 2014
Head of Marketing Communications & PR,
Public Sector Experience
Jul 2011 – Aug 2012
Global Marketing Programmes & Communications Executive,
FTSE 500 Corporate Experience
Jul 2010 - Aug 2011
AS FEATURED IN